About the Law Office of Joshua E. Hummer, PLC
A legal team that takes the time to get to know you, and your legal problems.
The Law Office of Joshua E. Hummer, PLC represents Virginian residents and Virginia business of all shapes and sizes, including non profits. We believe that you receive the best legal services when your attorney is intimately familiar with you and your objectives.
Mr. Hummer drew up a will, advanced directive and a power of attorney for me recently. He is a very personable attorney; he took the time to get to know me and we had a great conversation! His staff was very friendly and his office was immaculate. I would highly recommend Mr. Hummer if you are looking for an attorney!”
Finding a forward-thinking attorney in this area is a challenge. I have consulted with Mr. Hummer recently on a few business issues and since then have employed his services to work on some unrelated financial matters. His promptness, attention to detail, and progressive nature is highly appreciated by my staff and myself.”
Care, Clarity, & Creativity
Be proactive about your business and your family.
With our breadth of expertise in different areas of law, combined with our genuine interest in you and your needs, the Law Office of Joshua E. Hummer is ready to help you secure results.
Don’t let the stresses and challenges that surround business and estate planning impact you or your loved ones.
We work hard to create successful solutions for your legal needs, and bring you the advice you need to plan for your future.
“We first hired Mr. Hummer to help resolve an ongoing property dispute between our business and a neighboring institution.
Being business owners and having dealt with a number of attorneys over the years, we can’t say enough good things about our experience with Mr. Hummer. He took the time to listen and understand our perspective, was honest in his assessment, paid close attention to important details, and never surprised us with any bills for services rendered.
After our positive experience with him in that matter, he has advised us on a host of issues. Whenever a sensitive matter has arisen where our money, career, or reputation has been tested, it’s a relief to have someone we know we can trust.
In a community where there are a number of lawyers to choose from and in a profession where reputation is everything, you can’t go wrong by retaining Mr. Hummer and the level of dedicated service he provides.
We highly recommend seeking his counsel and will continue to do so for years to come.”
"I believe that the law can be a tremendous asset to all businesses and non-profits. I look for ways to use the law to protect you, and give you competitive advantages in the marketplace."
– Joshua Hummer
A DECADE OF DEDICATION
Joshua E. Hummer
I have been practicing law in the Winchester, Virginia area for over a decade.
My legal work has encompassed a wide variety of areas, including corporate formation, contracts, employment matters, real estate, land use, collecting receivables, and litigation.
I have also assisted many clients with elder care, estate planning, and estate administration, including wills and trusts, the appointment of guardians and conservators, and the probate process.
After 11 years at a local law office, establishing my own law firm was a natural next step. I am committed to helping you achieve your goals, and solve your problems.
I am also invited to speak at organizational meetings, conferences and seminars on a variety of topics. These have included elder care matters, end-of-life care and business coaching.
I live in Winchester, Virginia with my wife, Jill, and my four children.
Cases, Memberships, & Education
Areas of Practice
- Corporate Formation
- Real Estate
- Land Use
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Estate Administration
- Virginia, 2005
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia, 2008
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Virginia, 2006
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Virginia, 2006
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia, 2008
- University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia
- J.D. – 2005
- Bob Jones University
- B.S – 2002
- Honors: with honors
- Seniors: Armed with Knowledge, Winchester Triad Annual Conference, Winchester Medical Center, April 9, 2014
- Wills, Powers of Attorney and Advanced Medical Directives, Warren County Triad Conference, April 12, 2014
- Taking Control of your End-of-Life Care: Wills/Estate Plans, Westminster Canterbury, Winchester, Virginia, August 6, 2014
- Taking Control of your End-of-Life Care: Advanced Medical Directives, Westminster Canterbury, Winchester, Virginia, August 6, 2014
- Triad Senior Festival, April 7, 2016
- Action Coach Small Business Seminar, Summer 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Virginia State Bar, Member
- Secretary of the Winchester/Frederick County Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar, Seventh District Disciplinary Committee, Vice Chairman
- Virginia State Bar Seventh District Disciplinary Committee, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Childsafe Center (Child Abuse Prosecution and Therapy), President, and Board of Directors Member
- NW Works, Inc., Board of Directors, Member
- Shenandoah Arts Council/Shenarts, Former Board of Directors Member
- Shenandoah Arts Council/Shenarts, Former Treasurer
- Winchester Isaak Walton League, Former Board of Directors Member
- Winchester/Frederick County Triad (Senior Citizen Abuse Prevention), Board Member
- WinFred Metropolitan Planning Organization Citizen Advisory Committee, Former Member
- Fellowship Bible Church Mission’s Committee, Member